The Most Powerful Home Solar Electric System
Gone are the days of clunky, piecemeal solar systems. Every part of the SunPower EquinoxTM is designed and engineered by one company to work better together—delivering more power, reliability and style than a conventional home solar panel system and backed by the industry’s best complete-system warranty.
How Rooftop Solar Works
Here’s an example of how a home solar energy installation works. First, sunlight hits a solar panel on the roof. Then, the panels convert the energy to DC current, which flows to an inverter. After that, the inverter converts the electricity from DC to AC, which you can then use to power your home. It’s beautifully simple, clean, and it’s getting more efficient and affordable all the time.
Rooftop Solar Benefits
- Reduce your electric bill.
- Help the country become less dependent on fossil fuels.
- Know that you are reducing your carbon footprint.
- Sell excess energy back to the utility company.
- Take advantage of tax benefits and rebates.
- Hedge against future energy price increases.
- Watch you meter spin backward - we never get tired of this!
Spin Your Meter Backward
The most popular solar energy system is a grid-tied, or utility-interactive system. These systems produce A/C power using solar panels and inverters that can be connected to your home's existing electrical system. Solar energy will power devices in your home, and if excess energy is produced, your electric meter will spin backward. This is also called net-metering, which means you only pay for energy from your utility company in excess of what you produce. This all happens seamlessly.